Are you Radiant?
Light, brightness, brilliance, and luminosity. That is how we define radiance.
Who wouldn’t want to be that? Right?
And do you know what one of the most attractive traits is in women? It’s feminine radiance. I like to call it our feminine finesse. It’s when as a woman, you shine, you radiate the essence of who you are. It is that indescribable glow that comes from within and emanates to the outside. And when you allow your radiance to spill over, it makes you the most exciting, most dynamic, most confident , most beautiful, and passionate woman in the room.
I’m sure you’ve witnessed it. Maybe you’ve seen a woman walk into a restaurant with a sparkle in her eye, and with a confident stride. Or maybe you have seen it in the workplace when a dynamic woman addresses the group in a meeting, and she captures their attention with her hard-to-define spark.
We each possess it, we each already have it within us. But, with life’s obligations, worries, stressors, and exhausting to-do lists, we tend to slowly lose our “glow.” We find our radiance diminished along with our vitality. You may not even be aware that it has been slowly slipping away. And, in our “gender-neutral” modern world, you can start to feel like your feminine “finesse” is “finito!”
But here is the thing Lady bosses, your feminine finesse can truly be one of your very best assets. It is the beautiful combination of strength, confidence, softness, and compassion. If you could bottle it, you would have the most exquisite elixir. It is what enables us to lead with strength and grace, a powerful duo.
So what do we do when we feel that our radiance is falling short? Not to worry…you can replenish it and coax it out of hiding. Here are my best tips to regaining your “glow.”
1. Increase your vibrational energy. We are vibrational beings. Science has shown that we have vibrational energy that emanates from each of us. When you are in a high vibrational frequency with high energy, you are likely to feel increased health, excitement, happiness and overall well being. By increasing your vibration, you can experience higher levels of creativity, intuition, compassion, spiritual awareness, joy, confidence, connection, and love.
When you are in a high vibration, you will attract positive people, synchronicity, the ease and graceful flow of your actions, moments of bliss, and true blessings. So try laughing, dancing, hanging out with friends with high vibration that helps bring out yours.
2. Connect with your feminine side. Take time to feel beautiful. Wear something that makes you feel feminine. Dab on some lipstick and some sensual perfume. Tap into your unique beauty. Every woman has her unique beauty, so embrace it and be comfortable with it. Wear clothes that make you feel beautiful, that accentuate your individual femininity. Yes, it can be easy and comfy to throw on some old sweats…but not all the time! ( UH OH… I may have just heard an audible groan!) Tend to your body with care and make the most out of what makes you beautiful.
3. Increase your levels of oxytocin. Oxytocin is a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland. It's sometimes referred to as the "cuddle hormone" or the "love hormone," because it is released when people are in love, or when your pet snuggles or stares at you with adoring eyes. (Cali is an expert at this!) These are some supplements that increase the oxytocin levels naturally:
Vitamin D: research shows that oxytocin is activated by Vitamin D.
Vitamin C: research shows that oxytocin is directly dependent on Vitamin C because it can increase the release of oxytocin.
Chamomile: Researchers know that chamomile naturally increases oxytocin and at the same time lowers cortisol which is a stress hormone.
Jasmine Oil has been used for centures in Asia to improve mood, and reduce stress and anxiety. Studies have found that aromatherapy with Jasmine Oil can increase levels of oxytocin. You can use the essential oil directly on your skin (or in lotion form) or it’s also great in a diffuser.
4. Ignite all of your senses daily. Being sensual comes from bringing your senses to the forefront. The world is a beautiful place with so many wonderful things to see, smell, hear, touch, and taste. When you allow your senses to really take it all in, you raise your awareness, your appreciation, and your engagement with the world. And as women, we are meant to be connected, nurturing, and attentive. So, use a beautifully scented lotion, light an aromatic candle, bring in fresh flowers, enjoy a decadent piece of rich chocolate…
5. Slow it down. When we are so ultra-busy running around with our massive to-do lists, being productive, going from one errand to another, we tend to speed up time and notice less. But life is meant to be lived…and lived well. So smell your toasty cup of coffee, feel the warmth of the sunlight on your face, and breathe in the aroma of your savory meal. Be in the moment, slow it down just a bit, and absorb life in every possible way.
So my lovelies, bring out the glow you already have within. Allow your radiance to be the light that illuminates your life, and spills over onto the outer world and everyone you encounter.
You know I love quotes, so here it is:
“Beauty is a radiance that originates from within and comes from inner security and strong character.” -Jane Seymour